Thursday, June 14, 2012

Affordable Solar Eclipse tour?

by w4nd3rl0st (InspiredinDesMoines)
Question by : Affordable Solar Eclipse tour?
Hi, Ever since I was a little kid I have wanted to see a total solar eclipse. The next one is November 13 2012 and I want to see it but all the tours I have found cost $ 3000 or more. I am single and going alone. I don't need a 2 week cruise or a 1 week cruise. I just want to go to the ocean and watch the eclipse and return home. What I am really looking for is a 2 day cruise to the ocean where the best spot to see the eclipse is. Im trying to find the cheapest ticket available. I see carnival cruises to the Bahamas for $ 300... That is my ideal price range but I know I can keep dreaming. Any links you can provide with details would be greatly appreciated. I want to be in the middle of the ocean for a FULL view of the Total Solar Eclipse.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean that the Bahama cruise was related to the eclipse. I know it sounded that way but was unintentional. Thanks for the link luludude.


Best answer:
Answer by luludoodieSorry but I think you have got some wrong info. about seeing near the US
Here is link to eclipse path which can only be seen in Southern Hemisphere.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/total-solar-eclipse-november-2012.html

A return ticket to Cairns will cost you a lot less than $ 3000!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!







On the morning of Wednesday 14 November 2012 (Australian time), a total solar eclipse will be visible from Far North Queensland. This animation (generated using the highly recommended www.worldwidetelescope.orgsoftware) shows what the eclipse looks like from space. If you live elsewhere in Australia, the eclipse will be visible as a partial eclipse. The shadow becomes visible in the animation at approximately the 30 second mark. For more information on the eclipse, visit http
Video Rating: 3 / 5

Total Solar Eclipse | Solar Eclipse Information

No comments:

Post a Comment